Download Your FREE Insider’s Guide!
Get an inside look at real estate designations with this FREE eBook. The Insider’s Guide to Getting Your Real Estate Designations will show you how to earn more and be more successful in your real estate career.
CRF - Certified in Real Estate Finance
Real estate finance practitioners who hold the CRF (Certified in Real Estate Finance) designation work in a wide range of positions, from consultants, portfolio administrators, and asset managers, to mortgage brokers and financial and investment analysts.
The CRF curriculum covers best practices in financial and investment analysis, loan and risk evaluation, mortgage underwriting and administration.
Earn the CRF Designation
To obtain the CRF designation you must:
- Submit an application to become a Candidate Member
Complete all education and experience requirements
- Adhere to REIC’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Maintain your membership with REIC
You no longer have to fulfill an experience requirement to become a CRF Candidate.
Becoming a Candidate member with REIC is your first step towards achieving an REIC designation.
- Download the candidacy application form, and complete the package.
- Sign and date the application form indicating your acceptance of the Rules & Regulations.
- Attach current resume and any appropriate real estate education transcripts.
- Include 3 letters of recommendation (from employer, colleagues or associates).
- Include a non-refundable processing fee of $275.00 plus GST/HST. Credit Card, cheque or online payments (via your bank or REIC website) are accepted.
Complete the following courses:
REIC2600 – Ethics in Business Practice
FIN402 – Investment Real Estate- Financial Tools
ASM600 – Investment Real Estate Financing & Valuation – Part One, Two, Three
REIC2351 – Elements of Mortgage Management
Other education requirements*
- 2 University/College Electives
- Real Estate Law or Business Law
Equivalencies may be granted for courses taken through provincial real estate associations, universities or colleges.
You must have at least three (3) years experience within the last five (5) years immediately prior to being awarded the CRF designation.
Please refer to the application form for detailed information.
- Pledge to uphold the REIC Code of Professional Standards.
- Be current with your annual national and your chapter dues (if applicable).
- Complete the peer interview requirement.