Download Your FREE Insider’s Guide!
Get an inside look at real estate designations with this FREE eBook. The Insider’s Guide to Getting Your Real Estate Designations will show you how to earn more and be more successful in your real estate career.
ACoM - ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER
The ACoM designation gives the commercial site manager increased market visibility and credibility with owners, investors and employers.
Orginating from IREM, the designation is built upon knowledge and training essential to managers of small commercial properties. Those who hold the ACoM believe the investment they made in earning the certification continues to pay off.
Earning the ACoM shows employers and clients that you’re passionate about commercial management, and have the credibility and expertise to back up that passion. You’ll demonstrate the difference between you and your competition, and underline the bigger-picture skills that set you apart. Secure your future by becoming more marketable and bypassing common career roadblocks.
Earn the ACoM Designation
To obtain the ACoM designation you must:
- Submit an application to become a Candidate Member
- Complete all education and experience requirements
- Adhere to REIC’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Maintain your membership with REIC
Becoming a Candidate member with REIC is your first step towards achieving an REIC designation.
- Download the candidacy application form, and complete the package.
- Sign and date the application form indicating your acceptance of the Rules & Regulations.
- Attach current resume and any appropriate real estate education transcripts.
- Include 3 letters of recommendation (from employer, colleagues or associates).
- Include a non-refundable processing fee of $275.00 plus GST/HST. Credit Card, cheque or online payments (via your bank or REIC website) are accepted.
Complete the following courses:
REIC2600 – Ethics in Business Practice
FIN402 – Investment Real Estate: Financial Tools
HRS402 – Leading a Winning Property Management Team
MNT402 – Managing the Physical Asset
MKL406 – Marketing and Leasing Office Buildings
Certification Exam: The Certification Exam (final exam) consists of 100 multiple choice questions. It is an open book exam and is proctored by your local chapter representative.
- Pledge to uphold the REIC Code of Professional Standards and the IREM Code of Professional Ethics
- Be current with your annual REIC, IREM and chapter dues (if applicable)
- Complete the peer interview requirement.