ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER (ACoM)
The first new credential from IREM® in 25 years, the ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER designation gives commercial site managers increased market visibility and credibility with owners, investors and employers.
The ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER designation is built upon knowledge and training essential to managers of small commercial properties. Every candidate must have a minimum level of experience and must successfully complete a series of courses and a certification examination that reviews the operational issues faced on a daily basis. In addition, ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER professionals are governed by IREM's Code of Ethics and REIC's Code of Professional Standards.
Interested in becoming an ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER?
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I become an ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER candidate?
- How much does it cost?
- How many courses do I need to take?
- How long does this take?
- When do I become a member of REIC?
- Register for a course
1. How do I become an ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER candidate?
- Complete the application form; include all your references, non-refundable processing fee, and mail to REIC National Office. Please be sure to include copies of any documents (e.g. university graduation, course records, transcripts) that will help to expedite your application.
- Your professional experience is calculated, your references are contacted, and a chapter interview is conducted (usually at your place of business).
- The Admissions Department will confirm your candidacy in writing.
2. How much does it cost?
The non-refundable processing fee is $250.00 plus GST/HST. Chapter dues are set individually, and some may charge GST/HST. Candidates and members are also required to pay the current annual national dues plus GST/HST and once approved as members, IREM dues plus GST/HST will apply. These fees are pro-rated quarterly from the time a candidacy is approved for the current year (January-December). Please contact the REIC National Office for more information on the cost of courses.
3. How many courses do I need to take?
Five courses followed by the ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER Certification Exam.
1) HRS 402 Developing Human Resource Strategies for Real Estate Managers
2) MNT 402 Property Maintenance and Risk Management
3) MKL 406 Marketing and Leasing Office
4) FIN 402
Investment Real Estate: Financial Tools
1) REIC 2600 Ethics and Business Practice
Check the education schedule for course dates and locations.
Certification Exam: The Certification Exam (final exam) consists of 100 multiple choice questions. It is an open book exam and is proctored by your local chapter representative.
4. How long does this take?
To qualify as an ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER candidate, you must submit the application form, all supporting evidence, and undergo a chapter interview. This generally takes four to six weeks, depending on your location and scheduling of the interview. You do not have to wait until the courses are offered through your local chapter. You may take them in another location, but are responsible for your travel and accommodation costs.
5. When do I become a member of REIC?
Once you have successfully completed the program, you are eligible to become a member of REIC.
Ready to start?
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. or call us at 416-695-9000 or toll free within Canada at